View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 02:01 AM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
The Bruins series made me think we need more grit in the top-6 with skill.

So from this list Laich would be my choice.

The more I thought about it though, it was the injuries/line-mates/chemistry on the back end that ended the Cup dream.

I would target Tanguay, Kesler is not the best play making centre, he's a goal scoring centre, a player like Tanguay (barring unforeseen chemistry issues) seems like he would be the perfect complement to Kesler. It could be like Stamkos/St. Louis lite.

Also, I like the recent suggestions of Brunette, he's aging, but his speed issues haven't hurt him up to this point, and I can't see him getting any slower than he already is.
Kesler is a fine playmaker.
Remember this is the same Ryan Kesler who made Mikeal Samuelsson and Mason Raymond 50 point players, and Samuelsson had 30 goals.
Kesler also has a 50 assist season under his belt, so calling him only a goal scoring Centre is kinda short sighted.

Kesler is a complete centre capable of all aspects of the game, and has proven to always be improving his game every summer.

Personally I like the Flash suggestion before, he's quick, smart, can dish the puck as well as finish. He plays LW and can take the occasional draw. Will be cheaper than all 3 posted before due to his condition which has been under control but does not allow for huge training yet.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote