View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
I think the plan here is very simple. There is a very solid young core in place, and a some very good prospects on the rise and close to making the club.

Gordie, and Gordon, IMO are implementing a mix of speed, size, and overall toughness on all levels. Both at the forward position and on the backend.

If it is Biggs I think the move signifies that down the road, we are going to be looking at a RW with some serious attitude to compliment a LW with some damn good speed and size who is not the toughest guy oin the block(Kreider). Would it be crazy to think that the Center for this line would be Derek Stepan? It's the all-American line! To me I think they are hoping that a guy like Biggs is going to create lots of room for these other two. You revert back to any players that had linemates like Biggs, and ask them if they thought less of them because they had hands of stone? In fact its usually the opposite...Teammates love, and appreciate these types of players. I have no idea if Biggs is ever going to make it to the NHL, and I certainly don't know if he will ever be top 6 material. But...I certainly don't dislike what I have read about him so far. Heading to Miami/Ohio I believe next year. Great program, and a good way to develop this kid.

Last year I think they guys thought the same for McIlrath. How much taller is Michael Del Zotto going to play if Dylan McIlrath is his defensive partner? I mean looks what Beuk did for Leetch. Look what Chara did for Wade Redden.

Overall, I think the general plan is this...

Everyone gets held accountable. In order to truly implement this, you have to start with men of super strong charachter. With that said...The grinders and the forecheckers do thier job to the best of thier ability. Guys like Cally fall into this role. The scrappers take on all comers and when the time comes they get the job done. A guy like Biggs is a very good candidate for this. If managemet doesn't feel there is a true scoring threat in the first round at 15, then go with what you do feel will be an addition to an already solid core of players.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote