Old
10-18-2003, 08:12 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
I for one would love to have Sunny back as a checking winger for Holik, God he'd help our PK too, but Barnaby is a strange player on our team -- he has the skill to play on the top line for short bursts, and is one of the few guys who plays with constant passion and hitting. If you want toughness though:

Chris Simon, $1 million (so you're paying him $500,000)
for
Nik Sundstrum.

End result is you get your toughness, Simon fights better than Barnaby, plus you save $1.5 million in addition to getting rid of one of the defensively responsible, non scoring wingers who make too much money for you guys.

As a Ranger fan, I don't think that this is fair deal for the Habs.

I'd give up Barnaby for Sunny in a heartbeat. Sundstrom adds what this team needs: a good defensive winger (although he can score a bit). While we all love Barnaby for what he did last season, I think he will be hard pressed to duplicate the success he had last season. And with players like Simon (who, you have to know, the Rangers are stuck with although he really has not been bad for the Rangers), Keefe (possibly a younger version of Barnaby), and Lacouture, the Rangers can afford to give away a player like Barnaby.