View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Jive Time

vCash: 500
Axman,

Do not underestimate the severity of overuse injuries like tendinitis. The lack of blood flow in the area of tendons limits the speed of recovery. Take a little time off from the activities that are causing aggravation of your forearm.

The older you get the easier the tendons are to damage and the longer it takes to recover. I have struggled with tendinitis in both my elbow and shoulder for years now and like Muttley stated, be prepared for it to never go away.

My point is, listen to what your body is telling you and take a break because tendon issues are not something you can simply power through. Two weeks off is way better than 6 months. As others have said, look up some simple stretching techniques for your particular condition. For initial flare-ups, rest, ibuprofen and ice are your best bet.

Finally, consider steroid injections like cortisone as a last resort. This procedure is widely considered to permanently damage the tendon which will actually leave it weaker than when you started. It's a short term gain will long term ramifications.

I wish you well.

Jive Time is offline   Reply With Quote