View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=RangerEsq;33884627]He is still a backup. He has potential for more, but that's what he are right now. Rask can be a starter, but I would assume that if someone (Philly?) thought he were someone's answer in the net, they would acquire him. I may be wrong, but I assume that when Boston was gearing up for a Cup run, they were willing to move their backup goalie if they could get significant players in return. My guess is that Rask will be a dime a dozen starter, which is why he can't fetch a significant return: whatever other teams have is not significantly worse, so they won't give up assets for him. (This is why it's so hard to get value for goalies. If you have one, it's enough it's not worth giving up assets unless you can get a major upgrade.)

Boston was actually looking to move Thomas last off-season, Rask had come off a great rookie season where he was 4th in SV% and tops in GAA at 1.97, though he only played in 45 games. In fact Chiarelli said in an interview after Boston won the cup that they were close to a deal with Philly over the summer to trade Thomas, Philly was offering Gagne the Bruins wanted Carter.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote