View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Well I guess the conversation will shift from the sticky'd NHL thread to here... I said in that thread, I don't understand the timing. Richards & Carter were experienced NHL players ready to compete now. They traded them away so they could sign a legit #1 goaltender, and traded them for younger and more inexperienced players. In the case of Brayden Schenn, he only has 8 games NHL experience. This bolsters their depth in net, but weakens their depth up front for the immediate future. I wonder if by the time these younger players are more experienced and really ready to step up and contribute in a significant manner, if the rest of their roster will experience more turnover. Pronger isn't getting any younger, and had multiple injuries last season. Timonen with just 2 years remaining on his contract. Coburn & Carle are both UFA's next summer. They may find themselves trying to address their depth on defense a couple years out.

I don't see them as being a threat with a younger team up front. I would give the nod to the Bruins, Lightning, or a healthy Penguins roster over how Philly's depth is shaping up.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote