Reports Flyers Trade Carter to CBJ, Richards to LAK; Sign Bryzgalov for 9 years
View Single Post
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Heart and Soul
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Here's what we can learn from this trade:
1) Mike Richards is not an elite offensive player in this league, and that is something that the Flyers sorely lack. Neither is Jeff Carter, due to his inconsistency as a player. When your two top offensive players are good, but not great offensive players, it becomes quite difficult to win it all.
2) That's why it makes a ton of sense for the Kings to make this trade. They already have elite offensive talent. What they need is a great all-around player like Richards.
3) The Blue Jackets, being the small market franchise they are, can't do better than a Carter. It makes sense that they would be willing to make this deal, especially in a "weak" draft.
4) The Flyers are probably going to draft Mika Zibanejad, me thinks.
5) Guess the Kings are out of the Brad Richards sweepstakes.
View Public Profile
NYR Sting's albums
Find More Posts by NYR Sting