Reports Flyers Trade Carter to CBJ, Richards to LAK; Sign Bryzgalov for 9 years
View Single Post
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
Here's what we can learn from this trade:
1) Mike Richards is not an elite offensive player in this league, and that is something that the Flyers sorely lack. Neither is Jeff Carter, due to his inconsistency as a player. When your two top offensive players are good, but not great offensive players, it becomes quite difficult to win it all.
2) That's why it makes a ton of sense for the Kings to make this trade. They already have elite offensive talent. What they need is a great all-around player like Richards.
3) The Blue Jackets, being the small market franchise they are, can't do better than a Carter. It makes sense that they would be willing to make this deal, especially in a "weak" draft.
4) The Flyers are probably going to draft Mika Zibanejad, me thinks
5) Guess the Kings are out of the Brad Richards sweepstakes.
I keep seeing that they like Ryan Murphy.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by jas