View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Sabres fan here... just wow. I can't believe you guys traded Richards. Just can not believe it. Recent playoff animosity aside, Richards really won me over in the Olympics - watching him play with Nash and Toews was really something else. Yeah, he crosses the line sometimes, but he's a phenomenal two-way player, always a threat short-handed, and leaves it all on the ice. I guess the off-ice stuff must have been pretty substantial, but still... wow. Why not just take the C, give him Pronger's A, and give the C to Pronger? Wouldn't that at least be worth a shot? Seems like a lot of the issues were because he was the captain, and obviously that wasn't working out.

How many more top-level years does management/ownership realistically expect to get out of guys like Pronger, Briere, Timonen, etc.? Sure seemed like you guys were in win-now mode, but trading your two top forwards for prospects and picks does seem to jive with that.

If this was Homer's idea - it was ballsy as hell, even if I think it made the team worse in the short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Stamkos isn't happening, are you guys insane?
Seriously, why the hell would they move Stamkos? You don't move guys like that. Even if you managed to get him to sign a 10+ year offersheet at league max - Tampa matches without even blinking. No way Stamkos is going anywhere.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote