View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 12:51 AM
WarriorScholar

vCash: 500
These moves put a TON of pressure on Bryzgalov. If he's the goalie he was for the Coyotes in the playoffs two years ago, the flyers will have a shot next year. If he is the goalie he was this year in the playoffs, forget it.

Flyers still have the same D, and if Bryzgalov plays like he did two years ago , they certainly can still compete for the cup. Look at the Bruins, looking at that roster did anyone think they really had a shot at the cup? Realistically? I know they've posted some great regular season records over the years, but they never scared anyone in the playoffs. Anyways , there's no reason the Flyers can't compete for it all if Bryzgalov steps up. But like I said, theres a ton of pressure on him now to do so. He is no doubt tied in with these trades...if he fails, they will blame him for losing Richards / Carter. If he succeeds, people will admit the trades were needed.

This looks bad on paper right now, and it should...but I honestly think the Flyers will be fine. Its all about Illya now. Flyers fans wanted a goalie..they got one. Heavy price to pay...now it has to pay off.

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote