View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
vCash: 500
I know what your guys are saying about Erik Cole. He's probably the best young power forward in the league (I think better than Heatly and Nash). I doubt the Canes would have given Cole up, he is better than Vrbata, either way, Cole was already out for the season.

I finally managed to watch the rest of the game today, I thought the 3rd lines were great. It wasn't anything of the elite lines of New Jersey, Dallas, and San Jose of recent years, but at least it was A 3rd line. I loved the assist by Battaglia, it was an uber sweet play. The main difference I see in him this year is his balance, last season it didn't take much to knock him down or spin him around; he seems a lot stronger on his skates. And he seems to have more of a defined role now.

I thought the coverage in the defensive zone was terrible though. If anything, I think they need a defensive speciallist (Did somebody say Ricci?). But still, I might be jumping the gun, it's only their 3rd game of the year and it doesn't look like they have fully gelled.