View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Brad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindA17
LOL! Absolutely ridiculous. I don't care how old Amonte is or if he's on the downslope of his career, he's still better than Williams is and ever will be.
You're the ridiculous one. You're so sickly obsessed with being as anti Justin Williams as possible, and for the life of me I can't understand why. You're the only one who refuses to acknowledge the ability level of Justin Williams, and the fact that he's been one of the best Flyer forwards for the last few seasons, not to mention he's probably been the best Flyer player other than Jeff Hackett to start this year. It's also pretty damn brazen to predict that "Amonte is better than Williams is or ever will be."

Anyway, Gagne isn't going anywhere. He's the future of the Flyers offense and just because he hasn't tore it up after three games doesn't mean he should be traded. And rationalizing trading Gagne by saying he is too soft to play for the Flyers is absurd-it's skill and teamwork that wins Stanley Cups not brute force. You can't beat your opponents into submission anymore, it's 2003 not 1975.