View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Craig Button uses Bobby Holik as a comparison for Zibanejad which I could see although I think Zibanejad's offensive skill will develop more than people think. Don't see Zibanejad as being quite a MEAN as Holik was.
I wouldn't be so sure about that last part. Apparently Zibanejad plays a very edgy, NA-style game, and carries a bit of a mean streak. I've seen various scouting reports saying that he might need to tone it down a little.

I agree with you completely about the offensive upside. Alot of people are looking at his SEL numbers and just assume that, because he plays a two-way game, that his ceiling as a scorer/playmaker won't be very high. 9 points in 26 games at age 17 vs. grown men in the SEL is nothing to scoff at; look at the numbers Nick Backstrom and Mikko Koivu recorded at that age. Plus, he's racked up points when playing vs. players his own age.

Personally, I'm going to be thrilled if we grab him at #7, and that's even if Strome is available. RNH, Larsson, Couturier, Huberdeau and Landeskog are the only guys I would take over him, and I don't think it's likely any of them will be available when we pick.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote