View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Bryz4shiz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This trade pushes Nodl and Wellwood out of the top 9 like would have been required just to sign Bryz and stay under the cap. We can keep Versteeg, Carle and Leino now.
Nodl on a 3rd line checking line, isn't a bad thing, and I don't give a **** that we got to keep those three. Carle blows defensively, Versteeg is an overpaid 3rd liner, and Leino is probably going to get a fat contract he doesn't deserve. While these moves may be great in the future, next year the Flyers won't be as good as they could have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The Flyers, in November 2010, put an 11-year contract in front of Carter. At the time, Carter apparently specifically discussed the possibility of being traded prior to the NTC kicking in and had a pseudo hand-shake agreement with Holmgren that it wouldn't happen.

Before that deal even began. A deal in which Carter did the following.

1) Signed for below market cap hit.
2) Took less money than he could have gotten (Holmgren admitted this yesterday)
3) Signed away the entirety of his prime and all contract flexibility he would have in his career.

He was then dealt to Columbus. Carter could have remained unsigned, and either gone to arbitration (Parise) where he would have earned bank, or been dealt without a contract (like all the guys we just picked up). Then he would have had some control over his life going forward.

Trading him was completely without class given the fact that they had just signed him to that 11 year deal.
Ed Snider has a history of treating players and coaches awfully and these trades probably will affect are ability to sign other players in the future. If I'm Giroux, no way in hell am I taking a long term home town discount to play for this team