View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Stastny is good, but he isn't the player we need. He is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer. We have too many passers and not enough shooters. No snipers, in fact. If we are going to part with a top 10 defenseman we need a sniper coming back. Otherwise we will see more pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, turnover/blocked shot/whiff/missed net/ etc. I know the whole two-way forward to Nashville thing is sexy, and why wouldn't it be? That's how our team is built. The trouble is, if we continually look for two-way forwards we will keep passing up guys who can actually pick corners and score goals, even if they lack defensive responsibility. I think we're at a point where, Trotz be damned, we need a guy who will score 35+ goals. The rest of our defensive-minded squad can make up for his lapses.

edit: do you think Stastny would be able to change from a playmaker to a goal scorer if he were on a team with playmakers (I'm thinking SK especially here)?
He's an great playmaker, who always hits 20+ goals, if anything he will make SK a better goalscorer. If Radulov comes back those two could end up as a great combo on your first line.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote