View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 10:48 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
That's the only thing that is keeping me partially sane over this. These kids may be on the verge of 60-70 point seasons. Still though you traded a definite for an unknown. That doesn't make sense for a team in our position.

Also, even if they bring the offense we are missing two very valuable defensive players. I don't know if bringing in a couple defensive minded 3rd liners is going to make up that difference, but it may be a better idea than signing Leino.

The aging defense doesn't scare me as much because we have Mez, Coburn, probably a draft pick tonight, and cap money form Timonen and Hartnell to use in two years when we'll to need to beef up that position.

However, as we stand now we have taken a 2 or so year step back, and I'm not really sure why.
I disagree because I feel the signing of Bryz is underrated. I feel he will steal you games and ultimately make this deal worthwhile.

Pronger, Voracek, Timo etc on the back end, that's a sweet D to put with Bryz and for offense as well. Then you have Simmonds who you guys will love I'm sure. I have a feeling Flyers fans will be pleasantly surprised once the puck drops