View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I don't advocate a wholesale change, but I do think weaknesses were exposed last season. We hung on by the seat of our pants vs Vancouver, and likely lost the series due to how bad our PP was. I don't think another year for CW, SK, PH, etc will automatically fix that. I don't think we need to change A LOT, but I do think we need more offense in the top six, and from what Poile has said, he agrees. There's not much to get on the FA market, so it would likely come via trade.

But...this is the draft thread, that's probably conversation for the off season thread.

I'll reiterate, names I'd like to see us pick up, in order of preference:

Catenacci
Ambroz
Jurco
Prince
Rask
McColgan
Rask
Jacobs
So I think my hockey knowledge has grown dramatically over the past five years or so. I went from just a casual fan early on (was merely a casual fan for probably 13-14 years) to understanding all of the rules and being able to see calls before they're announced (and seeing missed calls) to understanding strategies and important roles that are easy to overlook(more recently). An area I'm severely lacking is knowledge of up-and-coming prospects. Anyone willing to at least point me in the right direction to start boning up? I'm a bit late for this draft, but anything I can use for future reference would be awesome. Also, anyone planning on being around during the draft tonight? Doesn't seem like something people will be watching at the bars, and I'd like to get a little discussion going if possible

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote