View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I honestly can't comment on any prospects. Once we started trading away every pick I stopped paying attention haha.

Just looking at the structure of the roster right now I think we should go with a Dman. Unless there is a forward available that is head and shoulders above the Dmen still on the board.

A 6'6 defenseman sounds good if he has some semblance of mobility though. He doesn't have to be Coburn, just not Hatcher you know.
here's an excerpt of his profile via the scouting report

Quote:
Hamilton, who is apparently now closer to 67 than 64 according to NHLCS, is an imposing figure with a talented skill-set. It is painfully obvious that he still needs to fill out his frame, but thats really not a concern an NHL team will have for him on draft day. One of the first things that will strike you with Hamilton is his strong mobility for a player his size. Hes a powerful skater with a strong stride and good acceleration. I personally believe his technique is a little choppy and long, and his lateral ability also needs to improve in the future.

Offensive upside really came to light this season as Hamilton was a fixture atop the Niagara powerplay. The Ice Dogs like to roll into an umbrella a lot and Hamilton commands the PP at the top of the umbrella with efficiency. Hes got a big shot and does a very good job of getting it through. Definitely does not hesitate to utilize his shot and has a pretty good release/one-timer as well. His vision is above average and he does a decent job of moving the puck, although he is prone to making occasional poor decisions or being guilty of forcing a play. Hamilton can also rush the puck whenever he feels like it and does a good job of using his reach and size to protect the puck. Generally does a good job of headmanning the puck, but sometimes makes the wrong the decision trying to skate it too far.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote