View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Of course there is a "We". I fully recognize that i have no control or say in the asset management of the team i support. What i can do is question various moves ; if this move happens, i'd question why. In no way did i suggest this move cannot happen. I questioned how this would help our hockey team. In my ow opinion ; acquiring Kris Versteeg is about as pointless an acquisition the Florida Panthers can do. He's a spare part player on a good team, so dropping down 5 spots appeals very little to me if he's the "prize".
yeah dropping down 5 spots may not be very appealing to you, but it depends on your teams scouting staff/GM and who they think *their guy* is. Different GM/staffs have different philosophies. It could be the Brian Burke draft the best player available philosophy or the Doug Armstrong if you have a guy then trade back and go get your guy philosophy. It all depends and what kind of conversations they are having.

Say they feel Ryan Murphy is the guy. Do they reach for him at 3 or do the trade back and trade to acquire an asset or 2? You trade back, pick up the asset, then draft your guy.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote