View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
hard to complain or second guess given that we ended up with Price, who looks to be a guy you can win with for a long, long time...

but with hindsight, and seeing how Halak emmerged as a top-tier NHL goaltender, for the organization as a whole, I think Kopitar would have been the better selection.
Very interesting point. I didn't think of that. From that perspective you really could make an argument for Kopitar if you believe that Halak was the real deal. And you could even extrapolate from that move that we might not have gone out and got Gomez too...

Either way though, I feel great about getting Price. He's been amazing so far in his career and I think he'll have the best career of anyone in that draft not named Crosby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Whatever, what's that reference to a dating profile? I never did that.
He was josh'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I just hope people are consequent. I wanted Brule. But I just hope that all the people who in response to others saying "We shouldn't ve picked Carter, Getzlaf, Giroux and Co" are saying "Well, who knows if those guys would have developed the same way", are actually thinking the same way as far as Brule is concerned....and this is where it makes most sense actually.

Brule was killed by Hitchcock. We all knew that Brule would not have the body to be human wrecking ball like he was in Juniors, he didn't and injured himself right from the start. But while we think Martin kills prospects, Hitchcock kills them, ressuscitate them to kill them again. Possible that he would have never been able to be THAT succesful, but I will always believe he'd be able to be much much better.

Having said that....it's all great we ended up picking Price. So if I'm being consequent, I bash them in 2003, 2004, and 2006, I have to congratulate them in 2005 and 2007 for their 1st rounds.
Hitchcock's idea of 'firewagon hockey' is playing the trap on the power play.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote