Thread: Fatigue/Hockey
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Gooseamania

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Also do you drink alcohol daily? That screws up your rest and recovery process. Do you wake up frequently during the night? That screws up REM sleep and makes you not feel as rested.

I'll attest that even losing 10 pounds can make a big difference in fitness and legs, especially late in the game. Granted I could lose 20-25 pounds but I play a lot better at 175 than I do at 185.

Just read the doctor thing, I don't know if they're too polite but usually so long as I don't smoke they don't care what I do. At 5'8 180 they should probably tell me to lose 20 pounds so I'm not complaining about being tired or having poor circulation or coughing during/after hockey games, but instead they want to give me pills. Yet when I am working out and eating right and closer to 170, those problems "magically" go away.
good points, and some of the things you mentioned are things i should have mentioned when i started this thread. No, i do not drink often at all, i might have a drink once or twice a month at the most. I do not smoke at all, and no i don't get up frequently at night. sometimes i have a tough time falling asleep at first, but once i fall asleep i'm usually out for the night till morning. again, it all seems to be coming back to nutrition. like i mentioned, i am not badly out of shape by any means, but i could certainly eat a bit better and lose a few pounds.

Gooseamania is offline   Reply With Quote