Old
08-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer
I think it shows a lack of faith in the Orginizations own ability to judge talent. They clearly have no faith in thier own ability to make the right choice.
That's been my gripe with Regier almost from day one. His fear of the consequences from doing the wrong thing exceeds his confidence that he'll do the right thing. He waits and waits, and then waits some more, and gets great value when he finally pulls the trigger. Then everyone sings his praises. No one ever bothers to factor in the harm his waiting game does. Regier has wasted full seasons waiting for the "right" deal to move guys (Barnaby, Peca, Gratton) that everyone knew would be moved. I'm sure people can think of others. The uncertainty and distraction this slow waltz causes keeps the team from moving forward and is divisive. I want the players focused on hockey, not wondering when their friend will be traded, or whether it'll be package deal including himself or other friends of his, or whether the return package will cost him ice time. Regier is perceived as a stabilizing influence on the franchise. That perception couldn't be more wrong.