View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
And I got to think Kariya might be the fastest in the NHL. I knew he was fast before, but after I saw him play a lot in the playoffs last year, and now this year with the Avs, I don't think there's any one faster. He's got acceleration like I've never seen, and top speed to boot. He darts through the neutral zone like it's only 2 feet long, and thats a bonus for us too, because if there's one thing that beats the trap (and that's what teams are going to play against us this year) it's speed, and Kariya can basically neutralize a trap, if he's got his head up on the fly.

Kariya's fast because he seems to have a 6th gear in his skating stride like few others around him. I think Sakic is almost as fast as him, but he seems to just have 5 gears in his stride. I don't know if it's just me, but Sakic's speed just seems to top out when he gets at full throttle. Kariya on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about that, he goes from 0-60 from red line to blue. He makes the frozen oval look too small...it's not long enough for him to reach his true top speed.