View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 03:03 PM
riz

vCash: 500
Marek Zidlicky

For your enjoyment, I thought I'd setup a thread to follow Marek's season with the Preds. So if you don't want to listen to my rants about Zidlicky, keep away from this thread. And in return, I'll promise to keep my rants about him within this very thread

So, story so far...3 games and 4 pts (2+2) for Marek. All points on have come on the powerplay. Marek has been playing with Dan Hamhuis on defense and has gotten some pretty good reviews in Nashville. Here's a recent article from Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=41087472

I especially liked his comment about why he signed with Nashville but not with the Rangers:
''I saw more opportunities to play here than with the Rangers,'' he said. ''That's why I came.''

At the moment, fans of his old team HIFK Helsinki in Finland are literally wondering how they managed to keep the guy for the past three years on their team when he certainly looked to belong to the NHL. And they are openly thanking the Rangers for not signing him. They pretty much knew that he was going after his rights were acquired by Nashville.

I'm not tryin to downplay Dunhams performances with us and I'll openly admit that he has gotten us some much needed points with his saves. But still, I can't seem to figure out why did we overpay for Dunham ? The market for goaltenders hasn't exactly been sizzling and decent goalies have gone for bargain prices. Some Nashville fans would have agreed to straight swap of Murray for Dunham but oh no, we had to throw in two defensive prospects from our "deep farm system".

I'll try to follow Marek's season here but feel free to join in if you have something to say. Heck, beats following our defensive corps doesn't it ? :p

Edit: Another nice article about him:http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=27554