View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I wouldn't be too worried. Simmonds will be a pretty much immediate fan favourite is my guess.

If Schenn comes in and actually takes a roster spot right away he will have to deal with comparisons to Richards, but as long as it's comparisons to Richards rookie season I wouldn't worry too much.

Fans were pretty irritated when Upshall was dealt, but quickly came around on Carcillo's side.

I would actually worry more about guys like Giroux or JvR. Will they be able to step up, especially JvR needs to show that he can play like he did towards the end of this season for an extended period of time. If he comes out cold like last year, I could see fans and media coming down pretty hard on him unfortunately.
Giroux already stepped up and JVR will be even better.

Schenn will be on the opening day roster for sure. He's ready and he'll only have to be the 3C for now, so they'll be able to break him in slowly.

Simmonds is a great energy player, I think he'll be a fan favorite from day 1. I hope Voracek comes out like a house on fire too, after a summer working out in Montreal with a personal trainer.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote