View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
Shero went best player available. Guys who are moping about this take note: this draft class SUCKS relatively speaking (as predicted). McKenzie himself after about the 9th pick said (roughly), "now anyone in the top 40 or 50 could go and I wouldn't be surprised". Translation: none of the remaining guys are NHL ready, and all have some flaws, so you go pick the biggest talent at a premium position. And this guy seems to fit the bill. He's a very valuable asset potentially and we can let him develop for another year or two in the minors.

I'm totally fine with it. And FWIW it is my belief Shero would prefer to solve the remaining wing depth issue with a proven player, not a draftee in a weak year. So not unlikely he'll take one of Despres, Morrow, Bortuzzo, Strait, package it at some point (maybe this coming deadline) with something else and go get a good young winger who has showed he can handle NHL pressure, is a quick learner, etc. Talking about a 2nd or 3rd year guy who shows consistent improvement and fits our game. IOW someone a lot less risky than any of the wingers that remained when we picked.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote