View Single Post
Old
06-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Red

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstairs View Post
Grabner is a goal scorer, Jensen is a guy who is good at doing both, so obviously I did not expect Grabner to be a PPG guy, 2 different types of players.

And are you kidding me, if you have elite skills in junior then you should be putting up the points to match it, there is no excuse for not doing so.

Bartschi obviously has more skills than Jensen, put up more numbers, and yet he is still projected to be just a 2nd line NHL player, so there is no way Jensen could be more than that.
What. This is amongst the most nonsensical arguments I've ever read on HF. He could be a first line player just like others who were picked late in the 1st or 2nd because of other concerns with their game outside of skill - Tiranis already gave you some great examples. I expect Jensen to become a 2nd line winger and would be quite content with that but it's certainly not "no way" that he could ever develop into a 1st line player.

And for all intents and purposes, he was pretty much a PPG player in his first year in the OHL - are you really writing him off because he was a 0.95 PPG player rather than a 1.00 PPG player?

Red is offline   Reply With Quote