Thread: Confirmed with Link: [CHI/WSH] Troy Brouwer for 26th Pick
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

vCash: 500
From what I've read so far, I'm cool with the trade. My biggest concern is how well he can and will play defensively. 5th over all in hits is pretty darn impressive. We obviously need a better forecheck. He has big playoff experience and has won a Cup- thats also an obvious need. He is only 25 and has 2 years of restricted free agency left and only made about 2 mil last year. He has averaged about 20 goals per year and is willing to score the dirty goals. This draft pick was a late pick in a trash draft and we all want to win now so I don't really care about the pick at all. I was hoping he would trade it and I had a feeling he would based on the team's situation and GM's recent comments. I don't see the connection between this and Laich. They're separate issues. If the Caps choose not to resign him, this won't be the reason why. Critique that based on the context if it happens. That's the glass half full.

The glass half empty is that I felt before the trade deadline that even trading for Richards and giving up no roster players would not deliver this team a Cup because they will never win a Cup under Bruce. That was reconfirmed by the way the way they were swept in the 2nd round. This is the right kind of guy to add to the team though and I consider it a step in the right direction.

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote