Thread: Confirmed with Link: [CHI/WSH] Troy Brouwer for 26th Pick
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 02:14 AM
IafrateOvie34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I've decided that there are virtually no moves the Caps could make this offseason that would make everyone happy.

There's a clamoring for more North American grit. Then when some is acquired, its a bad deal because it's an over payment.

Whatever. I'm just happier the team is better today than it was yesterday. Ideally, this move is just a contingency for Laich leaving, and doesn't mean the organization won't pursue him anymore.
I originally posted when this trade was made I thought it wasn't very good. I will admit after sitting down and thinking about it, I like the trade. I am one of those wanting grit and GMGM did get it. Had this been a deep draft, I would have wondered why a 1st more thoroughly. When I sat down and thought this, I thought to myself this pick might have been a Pokulok pick and I am glad we got a roster player with SC experience.

As for the Laich talk, I have yet to see anything in the media that he is leaving and if I was him I would want to see what contract I could get before making a decision. This could be his last contract where he can make some legitimate money. Now, if Laich leaves I just hope he goes West or away from a rival. If he stays, that is more grit on this team and a class act player staying. Regardless, this draft and UFA season is a really unattractive list and we get a tough player and that is what this team needs. The time now is to win and I rather take chances this year than wait for a prospect to develop when the core are 30 something. Btw, Laich on the rangers with Coach Tortorella scares the hell out of me.

Go Caps!!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote