View Single Post
Old
09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
CTFLYERSFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
which is a fair price to pay for a guy not yet in his prime, but is already {imo} a #1 center on most teams, capable of scoring around the PPG mark.

the {usually unreliable} Russian press say that he is looking for Hossa/Thornton money, but i don't buy that. i think he will be signed for $4m at the very most, maybe less.

he would be a great signing, but i don't want to open up another debate on it.

i don't see your logic here. if we signed Datsyuk, then we'd have to choose between Briere and Drury, but we wouldn't lose both of them..
Datsyuk is fairly unproven if you ask me. a #1 on most teams? not yet...

the logic is. if you trade Drury for Datysuk you obviosuly lose Captain Chris. and If you sign Datsyuk to the amount he will comman (about 4 mil). then Buffalo's salary struture is thrown out of whack. So we would not be able to resign Danny because his stats will be comparable to Pavel's thus he'll want to be paid accordingly.
GM G A P
Tyler Arnason - last year - 82 22 33 55 his 3rd year
Danny Briere - last year - 82 28 37 65
Pavel Datsyuk - last year- 75 30 38 68 his 3rd year
Stu Barnes - in his prime - 78 30 35 65
Marc Savard - best year - 77 23 42 65

The Sabres would be shooting themselves in the foot by overpaying for a player who has yet to prove anything in the NHL. 1 year doesn't mean squat especially when you get to feed Brett Hull pucks and clean up his rebounds.

I hope Datsyuk gets traded to a marginal team so his tue identity can be revealed.... just another smallish, "playmaking", 2nd line center.

jame