View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
It was a very frustrating game to watch, a lot of clutching and grabbing, and any time Montreal started to get momentum, Jason Ward took a careless penalty.

Bulis is in need of playing on the top lines, his speed and energy is being wasted on the third line. Juneau and Dackell simply can't keep up with him and are holding him back.

The Ryder, Perreault, Audette line doesn't work. I know they picked up some points in the previous games, but creativity is not there. The need for Koivu's vision and playmaking was very apparent tonight. Whether its a line of Ryder, Koivu, and Bulis, or Audette, Bulis, Koivu, or whatever way Julien decides, IMO they need to be split up. Personally I think Ryder and Perreault seem to fit. Flame away on this because I know people will disagree.

Quintal has lost another step. Although he looked weak last year in the first 10 games or so, hopefully he can turn it around. Theodore saved his butt on the PK when he couldn't clear the puck.

Bouillon didn't very good. Some very bad decisions in the defensive zone causing headaches. He is not very good at moving the puck along the boards and finding the breakout winger.

Aside from the bad penalties, I thought Ward had a solid game. He laid out some decent hits, played well on the PK. He is a decent third liner at this level.

The PP was brutal. Didn't generate scoring chances. Again Koivu's absence was showing, they couldn't get set up.

Anyhow just some of my observations.