Old
06-25-2011, 11:05 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2035
http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...rhockey-349242

Quote:

1. How would you say your past season progressed, from start to finish?

"We had an up-and-down year. We had a really young team in the Soo with not so much experience so I think that caught up with us.

"I gained confidence as the season progressed. I really turned it on and I think that carried over to the under-18s."

2. In your mind, what would scouts say is the biggest thing you have to work on between now and when you'll be on the cusp of turning pro?

"Playing both ends of the ice. I put up pretty good numbers [68 points in 68 games for a ninth-place club], but you have to play good defence if you want to play at the next level. So I need to improve on my play in my own and my play without the puck."

3. You mentioned it was an up-and-down year in the Soo, with one coaching change and another on the way. As a player, what kind of lesson did you take from that?

"You have to learn how to battle through that adversity and throw it in back of your mind. We're confident [rookie general manager] Kyle Dubas will find the right person for us and now it's up to us an an organization to make that next step, make the playoffs next season, become a good hockey team in the OHL."

4. Outside of family, who has had the most impact on you in hockey?

"Probably my [Quinte Red Devils] minor midget coaches, Brandon Harker and Mike McEwen. They just showed me what it takes to get the OHL and guided me along the way, showed you have to be at your best at every night because there is always someone watching. The main thing I got from them was about always doing something every day to become a better hockey player."

5. Hockey players are known for superstitions. What is something you have to do or else you won't feel ready to play?

"I guess that's the back rub before every game. Lay on the table and get the trainer to give me a back rub. Other than that, I tape my stick the same way before every game and I always put my left skate on first."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote