View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Darth Joker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I don't know about that, man. We've seen these sort of similar situations before. The hole Sundin thing rings a bell. Sure, it isn't exactly the same, but close.

Though I agree on the 7m$/40pts. Not so much on having just anyone there, but I guess it can't get worse? (even if I have a gut feeling it could get worse?)

I just don't see us getting rid of Gomez without having to take a bad contract back. Phoenix doesn't have terrible contracts, not as bad as Gomez. If any team has the money (without trading somebody of equal contract) to take Gomez, they likely have what is needed to sign Richards for the same spot. It's going to be a challenge to get rid of Gomez's contract.
Phoenix no doubt has the money to afford Richards, but would Richards even be willing to go there?

I mean, given all the issues that Phoenix has gone through the past few years...

Phoenix might be the one and only team that would legitimately want to acquire Gomez, as crazy as that sounds to us. They have a huge gaping hole at the center ice position, they have cap space to burn, and they might have a hard time attracting UFAs due to the issues that their team has gone through.