View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
SoFFacet

vCash: 500
http://thehockeywriters.com/danielca...ospectprofile/

Quote:
Catenacci is flourishing as a leader on the Greyhounds squad this season and displaying the skills that tempted management to select him as a first overall pick. His intriguing combination of speed, puck handling and play making prowess project him to be a top-two centre at the NHL level who likens himself to Sidney Crosby, but is often compared to Peter Forsberg. He has excellent acceleration and can move from point A to point B very quickly and efficiently.

In an interview with The Hockey News in the fall of 2008, Catenacci stated that, “Speed is my top skill,” he said. “I think I have pretty good vision, too.”

At worst, he will become a borderline first line centre similar to Nashville’s Matthew Lombardi, who in his own right has sublime speed and creative skills.

Although he may lack in size – generously listed at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds – Catenacci compensates by competing hard and going to the dirty areas on the ice. He is also described by his teammates as a natural leader who is confident in his abilities and will do anything for his team to win.

Currently ranked 17th overall among North American skaters by the ISS for the upcoming NHL Entry Draft, Catenacci is likely to rise even higher up the rankings after winning the fastest skater competition at the Top Prospects Game in January. Scouts view his passion for the game and work ethic on-and-off the ice as an important quality that will help him translate to the pro game.

SoFFacet is online now   Reply With Quote