View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 12:59 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I can tell you that usually, Timmins is able to get the guys he wants on his list of 50 players. I guess it depends that some years it's 50, 75 or 100, but I will choose to believe that if it's 50 based on his scouts reports and his personal viewings, that towards the end, he does see them all. Maybe not 10 times per guy but at least a couple of visits.
Can you explain something to me. I don't understand how you would plan for a draft.

For example, we are picking at 17. I'm sure there were some players in 1-16 that TT really liked and would consider PG to move up if the price was right.

But how many of those players, would he actually have watched? I mean some players are obviously unattainable like Hopkins. But don't you have a responsibility to watch guys 5-15 at least once even if you aren't likely to be able to take them?

Then don't you also want to be prepared if someone offers you a 1st and a 3rd for your 17th pick, to take their 22nd? So don't you need to also watch guys from 15-30?

I mean, that's like 25 guys that you should see in the first round. Now I can't imagine planning for other rounds.