View Single Post
Old
10-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Guy!

vCash: 500
Interesting that Hab fans seem to want something concrete in return for Sundstrom - particularly while his trade value is at probably an all-time low.

He's been reduced to fourth line duty and he's doing anything but excelling. As has been mentioned, he has a rather hefty salary for someone who spends most of his game either floating or sitting in the middle of the bench with front row seats.

When the Habs come healthy, I can certainly see a trade with Sundstrom being the player the Habs look to move, but let's be honest here, would Gainey really want someone in return? He's already going to have players unhappy because they'll be sitting out - why bring in another who's only going to be a platoon. This isn't a team that's going to do anything in the playoffs - if it even makes it!

If Sundstrom is dealt, I would like to see it more as a salary cutting precedure. Let another of the kids - Higgins who looks just about ready? - get some real quality time in the NHL. I'd be more than happy to see a fourth or fifth rounder coming back the other way.

Now, the flip of that coin is that, should he be dealing with Sather, he might be able to get up to a third - since the Rag$ seem to always be in the market for more payroll and less youth.

A concerned fan.