View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
don't know nearly enough about the prospects to make any kind of educated comment on the players we drafted outside of Beaulieu...

that said, despite my faith in Timmins, and his track record of success with later picks, there are a few question marks for me.

- hard to like the only move considering that we traded out of the 3rd round to get our 4th rounder back, along with another 4th. Was Sopel really that much of a need with Weber/Picard already there? did he really give us more than they could have? my feeling is no, making it another disappointing asset transaction

- it appears (though it may not be the case), that we drafted with organizational need valued above BPA... perhaps that is not the case, perhaps in each round we got the highest player on our scouting list and it just so happened to be heavily dmen... but the fact that our defensive prospect group is thin at least begs the question.
personally i prefer the BPA approach taking precedence. never know what kind of trade/roster move is around the corner which may completely change the strengths/holes in the depth charts, better players you have the more flexibility you have in making moves to address immediate needs (i.e, the draft should be about adding talent to the organization, not filling holes which is what free agency/trades should prioritize).

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote