View Single Post
Old
06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
Fair enough, but I don't agree. If Markovs healthy, I think he's going to outscore Setoguchi easily on top of playing much more important minutes. To me Coyle and the first are pretty worthless at the moment, so I don't see how this makes us a better team. If you're trading an elite top 5D (though this might be the point where you disagree and our views diverge), I'd expect some sort of unique or really interesting skillset coming back. I'm not debating Setoguchi is a good player, but I don't think trading a player of Markov's caliber should garner just a good forward and two useless assets for now, that might be average in the future.
I guess I believe Markov has reached his ceiling, and our problem is generating offensive chances down low. I would like to see the team fix our issues up front, I don't see how we can do this without making a move that involves giving up a very good player at some point.

I see Setoguchi as a 65+ point player one day, and expect him to blossom on a team where he is one of the bigger pieces up front.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote