Wojtek Wolski - Derek Stepan - Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky - Artem Anisimov - Ryan Callahan
Mats Zucarello - Brian Boyle - Brandon Prust
Carl Hagelin - Oscar Lindberg - Jesper Fasth/Dale Weise

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal - Daniel Girardi
Ryan McDonagh - Mike Sauer
Tim Erixon - Valentenko
Michael Del Zotto starts the season in the AHL as the main guy and earns the callup

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist Martin Biron

NOTES
1. As much as I liked Fedetenko's game I prefer to see kids earn a roster spot instead of old guys earning a 1 year paycheck.
2. I prefer to see/hear about MDZ being top dog on a nightly basis in the AHL and improving his turnoveritis. He has the offensive ability no doubt about that, its the defensive miscues that have to be addressed with top pairing minutes.
3. I would prefer NOT to sign Richards to a Drury/Gomez/Redden type contract and instead wait for a chance to acquire a solid forward in a trade.
4. The Devils, Icelanders and Flyers are all transitioning to younger teams which the Rangers started a few seasons ago so I think NYR are ahead of the curve. Don't throw the plan out yet.
5. Coach Tortarella is known for having great powerplays so I expect that area to improve next season ideally letting Staal sit while NY is on the extra man leaving him to play more 5 on 5 or on the PK.
6. Hopefully most players continue to improve on their stats and NY can score more by committee.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote