Old
06-26-2011, 01:50 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Like who. Name names. And why.

Perhaps its worth noting, as seems to be done this time every single year, Alex Goligoski was ranked 143 among North American skaters when we took him in the second round in 2004. Another draft without a healthy dose of deep talent.
Yes, but the Pens SAW great talent in Gogo, regardless of his rating. They probably thought: hey, this guy could QB a power play one day. Harington, regardless of rating, is projected as a bottom pair defensive Dman.

I'd love a Goligoski-type pick (i.e. Mike Reilly, Ryan Sproul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
This should be stated. That's around the next drop off in talent started around there.
THis is PRECISELY why I wanted to trade up in the first round. If you really believe after the top 40 or so picks that all you're really going to get are bottom pair Dmen and bottom 6 forwards, then why not trade our 2nd rounder with our first to move up in the 1st round to get a few spots higher, OR package our 2nd with a 3rd/4th round pick next year to move up 5 to 10 spots to get one of those top "40 or so" players. I'm telling you, we could have moved up in the 2nd to grab a player like Khokhlachev.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote