View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
bleuetbio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmidon View Post
I see, I can't blame anyone for being peeved that the Habs couldn't grab many drafts that fit the needs of the team. I'm sure that there will be some trades and signings during the summer to help fill them.
Will see, but in fact, its tough since 15 years to bring good stuff here from the UFA market for many reasons and when it happens, we generally overpay for the X player and the players can be a bully for the cap hit later like Hamrlik was a bit. When we took Cammy, Gionta, we did it because nobody have the money for them at this moment. this year will be different with the new cap hit.

For the trade market, we have a problem: We trade our 2nd rd pick each year at the deadline for a rental and sometimes our 1st (Gomez-Tanguay) so now its the time to pay because all our prospects of the time are now NHLer and we have a poor prospect bank and not many good assets to trade, maybe just Gorges and Desharnais. These guys are the kind of lovable players that we dont want to get rid. I dont believe in the value of Gomez, Pouliot, Weber. Markov got a NMC, so It will be tough to trade again but not impossible.

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote