View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
IF the Habs can move Gomez, what happens next?

Pure speculation here, but something I thought I'd try since everyone's favorite pundit Eklund is mentioning the possibility of Gomez being moved. IF, and this is a major IF (and just for fun) what would you do if the Habs management were able to rid itself of the albatross that is Gomez's contract?

I doubt there would be me much coming back for Gomez as he has negative value at this point. Assuming there isn't much more than a mid round pick or something of that ilk, this is what I'd like to see occur.

1 - Sign Wisniewski to a 3 year 4.7 Million dollar deal. Solidifies the defense with a big right handed shot and adds a little toughness to a blueline corps that isn't that tough.

2 - Re-sign Gorges. Probably something that is in the works but it has to be done.

3 - Sign center Zenon Konopka to a 2 year deal. 900 000 per.

4 - Let Benoit Pouliot walk. Hasn't been impressive and isn't liked by Martin.

5 - Move Weber for an established forward with truculence and a decent scoring touch. Preferably David Clarkson of New Jersey. If the Habs re-signed Wiz, and they already have Markov and Subban, they don't really need another soft PMD.

6 - Sign Tomas Kopecky to a 2 year 3.5 Million dollar Contract

7 - Try to find anyone to take Spacek .

This leaves you with an opening night line up of:

Forwards:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Cammelleri - Kopecky - Clarkson
Kostitsyn - Desharnais - Eller
Moen - Konopka - White

Ex - Darche

Defense:

Gill - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Yemelin - Wisniewski

So what would you do if you could move Gomez's contract?