View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Uncle Jorgi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
All I've found is the standard "needs to get stronger/bulk up" that you hear about every 170 pound player in every draft class. It certainly hasn't been mentioned as anything like an Achilles heel.

Whatever. I just hope Harrington eventually makes the reach worth it, because right now he doesn't seem to have the safety or high upside to make it worthwhile. More Brian Strait-ish than anything.
http://www.boltprospects.com/content...reviews?page=1

Quote:
Ryan Woodlief, Red Line Report: “If you had told us before the U-18 tourney that someone would score 11 goals and 21 points to lead the scoring parade, and then given us, oh … let's say a gazillion guesses as to who it might be — well, let's just say we'd still be guessing.
True, Kucherov was slightly riding on the coattails of Mikhail Grigorenko and Nail Yakupov — his more dynamic teammates who opened things up for the rest of the crew. But still, we can't deny that Kucherov was terrific, even if we still feel he's soft and a horrific diver. His performance was a real eye opener for RLR.”
Quote:
Goren Stubbs, NHL Director of European Scouting: "He came up from nowhere. I saw him in August, saw him in November, saw him in February, and in August and November you could hardly notice him. In February he was the star on the team and in April he was the star of the tournament.

“He's a very good passer and playmaker. Perhaps he didn't have confidence in himself in the beginning of the season. But in February and April, when I saw him in tournaments, international competition, he was filled with confidence and did a lot of things with the puck that he didn't do before.

"He needs a lot of strength, because a little push and he's down on the ice," said Stubb. "But he's a talented player."
Googled "Kucherov draft" and found this. Good page with multiple sources. Lots of quotes indicating both how weak he is AND how crazy talented he is.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote