View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 07:39 AM
jlgib21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I suppose you were posting the same on the Chicago board 2 days ago?

I think the odds of Gomez moving right now are less than 50%, but I'm glad PG is seeing what's out there.

I think next year is a better fit...why?

1-there would probably be better options as #2 center, including maybe Eller if he has a year like Pacioretty did last year.

2-after this year his salary drops dramatically and his cap stays the same, that makes him very attractive because of the rising floor

3-odds are the he rebounds, look at his career record, he's only 31 and it's not a stretch that he bounces back to around 60 points...if taht happens his negative value might turn into positive.

4-The cap room will be needed more next summer with lots of our kids needing raises.
If Pacs can continue to develop to a 25-30 + goal scorer,than Gomez can push 55-60 pts.As much as the contract is a joke,31 isn't old,he does have playmaking talent,and imo he gives a big effort nightly. Plus we have no one ready to take a top 2 center role.7 goals and 17 pts by Eller and coming off shoulder injury doesn't fill me w/confidence in that role.Hopefully in 1-13 he may be