View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I highly doubt anyone on here has seem all of our new prospects play, so I don't think anyone can really make an informed list at this point.
Do you really have to see them all with your own eyes for a list to be "informed"? Almost impossible to see all of them, but I, personally, have seen a tonne of Beaulieu and Archambault, a lot of Nygren, some of Dietz (always focused and looking for more on Siemens), enough of Pribyl (I was all over the Czech and Slovak leagues this year... for all the good it did me in the end), but almost none of Didier and certainly none of Sullivan. I've now read quite a bit about all of them on top of that though, and I think anyone else who has done the same can be considered "informed".

The only two guys I don't feel comfortable commenting on are the USHS/USHL guys, because like I have said elsewhere, unless they're the absolute cream of the crop in those leagues, I don't even bother trying to figure out where they rank against the best prospects coming out of better leagues, because they almost never surpass any of them anyway.

Suffice to say, I don't think Beaulieu is indisputably the best prospect out of this year's draft class. I'd have Nygren waaay closer to him than the draft ranking would suggest, followed by Pribyl and Dietz, then Archambault/Didier, then Sullivan.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote