Old
06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Do you really have to see them all with your own eyes for a list to be "informed"?
I would think so yes, In my personal opinion anyways. I don't think anyone can really make an informed and accurate list without having seen the players play. Sure, there are the obvious ones such as Beaulieu or Kristo being better prospects presently than Sullivan and Johnson. But let's use two of our newest prospects for an example here. Can anyone truthfully say who the better prospect is between Didier and Deitz without having seen them play? Other than draft position, if you haven't personally seen them play, you don't really have much to go on, other than reading a few random online scouting reports.

I'm not trying to single you out at all, because I know you watch many prospect games throughout the year so this is NOT directed towards you, but it's the same pretty much every year. People like to play "scout" and don't mention these guys at all throughout the year, yet after they're drafted by us, they're instant experts on the prospects and have apparently watched them many times. I just think it's funny how that works.

All I'm saying, is that since it's only 1 day after the draft, and having not actually seen Didier, Nygren, Pribyl, Dietz, or Sullivan play yet, I don't feel I can accurately add them to a list of our prospects, and judge who they are better than, until I actually watch some of their games this year, watch some videos from the dev camps, and study these prospects in-depth. I just don't feel there are too many posters here who can honestly say they really know that much about these prospects.

I know it's a message board and all, but I can't be the only one who laughs when it's only a few days after the draft, and posters are already adding our 5th and 6th round selections to our prospect rankings when it's very likely that they have never once actually seen them play. It happens every year.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote