View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
I wonder what happens if Cherundolo doesn't get hurt. I liked what Adu brought yesterday but it seemed like it was just him trying to get by 2-3 defenders. In your opinion would you let go Bradley?
I'm not certain Bradley is the problem, I just think that we have an average collection of players that arent capable of beating the top skilled teams very often.

Mexico has quite a few players that have played for some of the best teams in the world, including a 23 year old ManU phenom striker.

The U.S. has Dempsey at Fulham (good team but mediocre for the EPL) Howard at Everton, and Donovan who can play Everton level when energized. Most of the rest of them play for Bundesliga teams as role players. Its an okay roster but many US fans have expectations exceeding our current talent crop.

If you want to take a gamble for glory, you fire Bradley. If you want the U.S. to continue playing its counter oriented, speed style devoid of skill or creativity, stick with Bradley.

The first option would be good for guys like Adu, Agudelo, Dempsey. The second would be better potentially for Donovan, Bradley, Altidore.