View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 06:11 PM
richardn

vCash: 500
Sault Greyhounds season ticket holder here. For those wanting to know about Nick Cousins I can tell you he is a pretty solid pick in the 3rd round but I was surprised he was picked ahead of team mate and former 1st overall pick Daniel Cattenacci. I am guessing it was because he outperformed Catenacci at the under 18 worlds.

Anyways Cousins more of an offensive player with good speed. I think he has natural goal scoring ability and a good all arround skill set. Defensively he is improving but wouldn't say it is anything to talk about. He is fairly gritty and kind of pesty but I wouldn't say that is his style of game. For those making Marchand comparisons you are off a bit. Maybe more along the lines of a Tyler Kennedy type of player but I don't think he is going to be quite as good.

He definately needs to bulk up at 5'9" 170 pounds. Don't believe the sites that have him listed at 5'11" or 5'10". His biggest weekness is strength on the puck, he needs to get stronger on the puck as he is knocked off the puck easily against stronger players. Also I see him more of a scoring winger then a center, his shot is very hard and accurate but I don't think he will be strong enough to play center.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote