View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 07:08 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
He gave some wrong info in there. Gaudreau still needs to be released from his NLI that he signed with Northeastern. He can't just opt out because Cronin left but I'd expect Northeastern will release him from that NLI anyway, especially since Gaudreau's younger brother is a commit to them as well for 2013/14 if they want any chance at trying to keep him in the future.

The report today, versus the audio interview from yesterday, was from Ryan Clark, the beat reporter for the Fargo Force/USHL. He talked to Garrett Haar, a fellow Northeastern commit that said both he and Gaudreau decommitted because Cronin was the reason they were attending NU. Haar said Gaudreau is likely to return to the USHL this year (Haar was already since he wasn't scheduled to attend NU until 2012/13). The reason for this getting out in Gaudreau's case is to pressure NU to release him from his NLI. If they know he is willing play next year in the USHL then they might as well release him since they would "lose" his rights the following year regardless.

I'm interested to see the other schools that will be in play for him when he is inevitably released from his NLI.