View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Excellent article Leslie.

My only concern/issue with Gordie and Gorton's philosophy/strategy comes in the goalie drafting; it's time to start grooming another starter. I love Henrik, have followed him since during the lockout in Frolunda, want him to win a Cup/Conn Smythe/Hart/Vezina and break all of the Rangers goalie records but the organization can't be caught with their pants down in three years. What if Henrik wants to leave/wears down/etc? They need a legitimate protege'/replacement and should start having a Beezer/Richter thing going on. The Sharks have been doing it for years, as have the Sabres. The Ducks now have Bobkov and Gibson in their system. I don't see Stacjer as a legitimate starter.

As for Chara; probably the scrutiny and expectations. While Boston is an original six franchise, the Bruins fans aren't as nuts as us or Ottawa where the only major sport is hockey. Also, there was a lot of talk going around that Chara and Chiarelli were tight and he knew of his imminent move to be the GM of Boston.

Finally, Chara literally went from being a boy to man during his time on Long Island so he has first hand knowledge of this market/area.

Last edited by White Plains Batman: 06-26-2011 at 09:36 PM.
White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote